THE AIRPORT PALMETTO CORRIDOR… It’s all business here!
Surrounded by the municipalities of Doral, Sweetwater, Miami Springs, Hialeah, and Coral Gables, the unincorporated area of The Airport Palmetto Hub offers owners and users one less level of government bureaucracy. Heavy manufacturers and production companies find this especially appealing as zoning, electrical, water, and other government regulated items can often entangle their operations – costing them both time and money. Many cities in the area require business use permits, inspections, and are quick to fine businesses and/or slap violations on them. Additionally, property taxes are usually higher in incorporated cities. Why bother with a city government if you don’t have to?
Some of our clients in the logistics industry have a strong preference to be in The Airport Palmetto Hub. One of the main reasons is because it takes their trucks about an additional fifteen minutes to cross under the Palmetto Expressway into Doral from MIA. If you do the math on this cost, it can really add up, especially if you’re in the air freight business where you already have extremely tight profit margins. Those transporting perishables, such as flowers and produce, are even more concerned about the mileage and amount of time from MIA to their warehouse. The strictly business environment of The Airport Palmetto Hub is free of school zones and contains less traffic lights than the surrounding industrial areas which further increases efficiency.
OUR RECENT DEALS & CLIENT EXPANSIONS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Apollo Export Warehouse’s lease at Peter Lawrence Company’s warehouse located at 2930 NW 75 Ave.
60,000 SF at World Distribution Center.
- Queen’s Flowers purchase of warehouse located at 7001 NW 25 St.
123,381 SF build out scheduled to be finished by end of 2018 for upcoming flower season.
- D.A.S. Audio’s purchase of warehouse located at 6900 NW 52 St for $1,800,000.
27,000 SF currently expanding.
- Diaz family’s sale of eight-acre site located on the Palmetto Expressway. Sold to Synergy Equipment for $5,500,000.
- Henry Edwards Equipment’s lease at 7501 NW 72nd Ave. 8,400 SF on 2.6 acres of land
Our team has closed over 1,000,000 SF of deals worth over $100,000,000 in the corridor!
AIRPORT PALMETTO CORRIDOR NEWS
- Costex’s Corporation is breaking ground on their new 380,000 sq. ft warehouse located at 5800 NW 74th Avenue at the intersection of the Palmetto Expressway and 58th Street near Miami Int’l. Airport. Back in 2007, we represented them in
their purchase of the site for $21,000,000 or about $28 psf based on the land.
- South Florida Logistics Center Building 8 is currently under construction and Building 9 is expected to break
ground in December of 2018, and spaces are available from 10,000 SF. Our team has represented more tenants than any other commercial real estate firm in Miami at South Florida Logistics Center, leasing over 350,000 SF for clients such
as American Consolidation & Logistics, Solutions 2GO, Southcoast Simulation, G&G Cargo, Seafrigo, and Elite Flower Services.
- Local Municipalities Threaten Annexation. The cities of Virginia Gardens and Miami Springs continue their attempts to annex portions of The Airport Palmetto Corridor. Property owners are concerned about this increase in taxes and lack of representation that would result.
Contact for more information:
786-433-2380 | email@example.com